The Thompson Law Firm is dedicated to helping individuals like you who have been injured by the negligence and wrongdoing of others, including victims of car accidents, medical malpractice, and other injuries. We are an Ohio plaintiff’s firm and never work for the insurance companies, medical industry, and other defendants.
Attorney H. Lee Thompson and the entire staff of The Thompson Law Firm focus solely on protecting those who have been injured by others and fighting for consumers’ rights.
We are dedicated to helping injury victims, and we understand the hardships you are facing, including the physical limitations your injuries may impose. If you are not able to come to us, due to your injuries, we will gladly come to you, at home or in the hospital.
Mr. Thompson has over 30 years of experience as a personal injury and wrongful death attorney. Based in Columbus, Ohio, he has also been given special permission to represent clients in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia.
Mr. Thompson earned his Juris Doctor from the University Of Connecticut School Of Law in 1975. He is licensed to practice law in Ohio, the District of Columbia, and Federal Court.
Mr. Thompson’s Affiliations
Mr. Thompson’s professional affiliations include:
- Ohio Bar Association
- Washington D.C. Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- National Bar Association
- American College of Legal Medicine
- Medical Negligence Exchange Group
- Ohio Association of Trial Lawyers Board of Trustees
- American Board of Forensic Examiners
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- National Association of Consumer Advocates
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Completion of 2012 FINRA education program
- Reginald Heber Smith Fellow- Law Reform in Legal Services
- Hearing Officer- Ohio Industrial Commission claimants injured within the scope of employment
- Hearing Officer- Ohio State Employment Reclassification
- Special Counsel Assistant Ohio Attorney General
- Member of PIABA, Public Investors Arbitrator Bar Association, which deals with Stock Fraud Issues
Membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum is reserved for attorneys who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements on behalf of their clients. The Thompson Law Firm has gone up against major companies on behalf of the clients, such as Battell Labs, Georgia Pacific, City of Columbus, U.S. HUD, Pfizer, and other major pharmaceutical companies. Mr. Thompson is incredibly dedicated to his client’s success; he once litigated for over 9 years in state and federal court for a cerebral palsy case and obtained a multi-million dollar verdict.
Mr. Thompson served as an executive board member of the Birth Trauma Litigation Counsel of the AAJ’s Medical Negligence Litigation Group from 1995 – 1997. In 2000, he acted as chairman of the AAJ’s Professional Negligence Section.
Charities The Thompson Law Firm Supports
- The Catholic Foundation
- United Way of Central Ohio
- National Council of Jewish Women
- Ohio Bar Association Legal Foundation
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Dallas, Texas Jewish Community Center
- Southern Poverty Law Center
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital
If you or a loved one is in need of legal assistance, please call The Thompson Law Firm at 1-614-461-9000 or toll free 1-800-461-9013 or submit an online questionnaire. The initial consultation is free of charge, and if we agree to handle your case, we will work on a contingency fee basis, which means we get paid for our services only if there is a monetary recovery of funds. In many cases, a lawsuit must be filed before an applicable expiration date, known as a statute of limitations. Please call right away to ensure that you do not waive your right to possible compensation.